Dynamite Lumpia

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of spicy foods. When I was in college, there are vendors near our university selling "Dynamite&quo...


Honestly, I'm not a big fan of spicy foods. When I was in college, there are vendors near our university selling "Dynamite". I never tried it because I was scared. "You eat the whole chili pepper?" Then last Christmas, my mom decided to try something new for our Noche Buena. She made Dynamite Lumpia. Her version was filled with cheese and lean ground beef (other versions I tried, Gerry's Grill version, was only filled with cheese). I was hesitant at first, but I ended up wanting more and also drinking more cold water along the process. And now I miss it so I asked my mom if we can make some. What did we use to make these delicious babies?


  1. Cooked 1/4 Ground Lean Beef
  2. Green Chili Peppers (Long Green Chili aka Siling Haba)
  3. Lumpia Wraps/ Pastry Wrappers/ Spring Roll Wrappers
  4. Cheese

Dissect the chilis midline and remove the seeds.


Slice the cheese. Stuff those chilis with ground beef and cheese!


Wrap it with the pastry wrappers. Make sure to moisten the end of the wrapper (just dab it with water) to seal the roll.


To be honest, I don't know how much oil I used here. But hey,  at least i'm sure it was fried under medium heat. Fry those babies up until golden brown! Turn them around to prevent one side from being overcooked. Once they're done, drain them on a wire rack. Serve with dipping. It is usually served with sweet and sour sauce. But I prefer mayonnaise, don't judge.

And there you have it, Dynamite Lumpia. Yum!






Also check out

0 comments

@eyjjei

Flickr Images